Pastry Chef Job
Our Client is a leading convenient food service wholesaler in Kenya.
We look to fill the position of Pastry Chef for them.
Position: Pastry Chef
Job Brief: Pastry Chef will ensure that fruit and bakery / pastry products achieve the set quality standards to meet client expectations.
- Plan the production of pastries, bread and a fruit to attain quality products at minimal cost by ensuring that adequate mise-en-place is prepared as per day’s menu and occupancy.
- Manage staff in the pastry section in order to achieve guest satisfaction by ensuring that the staff are trained on standard recipes of meal offer.
- Ensure proper use of tools and equipment in the section through ensuring the staff are conversant with the tools and equipment in the section.
- Ensure that set hygiene and safety practices are observed at all times by ensuring food is clearly labeled and stored correctly, fridges/cold rooms are kept clean and food arranged neatly on stainless steel shelves and expiry dates of food items especially dry goods are checked.
- Ensure proper / correct use of chemicals and detergents to avoid contamination, wastage and damage to equipment.
- Understand visitors’ preferences and make suggestions based on findings.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew restaurant menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and report malfunctions.
- Hospitality and Food Industry
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Production or a related field of study
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy pastry and bakery kitchen.
- Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, please send your CV only quoting the job title Pastry Chef to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28th May 2021
Kindly indicate expected salary.