Job Title: Chief Human Resource Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our client, a private entity is looking to on board a Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) for their Nairobi office.
The role holder will develop and execute human resource strategy in line with the greater business plan and direction.
He/she will lead all human resource efforts including talent management, change management, learning and development, performance management and compensation.
They will also will provide strategic leadership by communicating human resource plans and needs as well as directing the implementation of human resource polices and plans.
- Human Resources– Corporate Strategy Alignment: Direct and lead the formulation and implementation of suitable HR strategies, policies, processes and practices; Participate in business planning, articulate HR needs and ensure alignment of HR delivery with business goals;
- Workforce Planning and Talent Management: Jointly with the various heads of departments define workforce requirements; provide guidance in assessing organizational structures and implementing structural changes; evaluate jobs and conduct comprehensive work force planning to ensure all functions and sub functions are appropriately staffed; manage optimal staff numbers; support succession planning.
- Human Resources Policy: Add the development, implementation and revision of HR Policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements; engage staff and sensitize them on the company’s HR policies and procedures; ensure adherence and understanding of the HR Policies by all staff; Audit staff compliance and address gaps;
- Performance Management: Formulate and implement a robust performance planning, appraisal, recognition and reward system; collaborate with the business for the creation of a high-performance culture by implementing team and organizational design solutions; providing measurable performance indicators and improvement plans whilst managing staff engagement and productivity in liaison with line managers;
- Compensation and Benefits Management: Design and implement relevant compensation and benefits to attract and retain the right caliber of employees and value for the organization; regularly benchmark and review compensation and benefits policies to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and general HR practices and recommend revisions where necessary;
- Learning and Development: Guide the implementation of staff learning and development programs by supporting the departmental Heads in conducting training needs analysis, collation of information on staff training and development needs and involvement in identification of suitable interventions for identified gaps (coaching, counseling, training, etc); ensure utilizing of the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA)
- Training Levy; Implement career progression guidelines as part of employee development initiatives.
- Employee Relations: Provide a conducive working environment through adequate and open communication channels, staff welfare programs and quick and effective resolution of staff disputes through offering guidance on appropriate disciplinary measures to take.
- Change Management: Lead selected change management initiatives to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the business operations.
People and culture: Foster a positive culture and intentional diversity through talent acquisition, policy and business practices.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with industry regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences or related field from a recognized University.
- Higher Diploma in HR Management or CHRP Member of Institute of Human Resources Kenya (IHRM) with a Practicing Certificate.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in human resources management; three (3) of which should be at senior HR and Administration management level.
- Highly conversant the employment act, and other labour laws
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills.
Possess high emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organization skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are qualified and up to the challenge please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Chief Human Resource Officer by Friday, 4th June by 5pm.