The ideal candidate will ensure effective and efficient grant reporting as per the Grants MOU. The officer will also handle all Accounting matters relating to the District and the Districts Foundation Committee. S/he will be a project manager, consultant, analyst, and problem solver with exacting standards and an eye towards creativity and innovation
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Coordinate the preparation grants reports and reports on grants activities in compliance with MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) and Organisation’s requirements.
- Facilitate regular monthly check in review meetings and circulate minutes and close follow-ups of action points.
- Support the grants team in highlighting and documenting success stories and factsheets.
- Maintain working knowledge of the Organisation at large.
- Maintain regular communication with other District Foundation Committee team and the Organisation.
- Maintain regular communication with all primary contacts for grants.
- Maintain regular communication with all cadres and Team of experts in Districts
- Monitor grants for legal, financial, and compliance including but not limited to ensuring full enforcement of Financial Management Plans.
- Monitor and document the grant making workflow processes, forms, templates, reports and data to assure full compliance with Organisation requirements.
- Refer Problem, complex grant scenarios to District Foundation Committee ( DFC)and/or the organisation
- Work with District Foundation Committee to generate reporting required for compliance and Financial Management Plans.
- Monitor the implementation of the Grants MOU.
- Follow up on the clubs for the implementation of FMP (Financial Management Plan) and annual financial Management plan assessment and ensure that annual Financial Assessment reports are submitted both for clubs and the district.
- Ensure grants records retention to the District’s online storage.
- Ensure Inventory Management of equipment.
- Relay any communication from Organisation/ DFC and partners.
- Follow up with District Treasurer on monthly DFC accounts summary and share reports to the District Foundation Committee (DFC) and DT (District Treasurer).
- Any other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Mastery of the organisations compliance and other requirements.
- Manage all accounting transactions for the District and DFC
- Reconciliation of both District and DFC
- Ensure timely payments
- Comply with financial policies and regulations of the country
- Ensure the districts audit is done within the expected time
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce is required. Master’s degree in non-profit management or related field will be an added advantage.
- CPA/ACCA qualified minimum Part 2.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years work experience, knowledgeable in non-profits or grant making and/or management systems.
- Adept at managing a project from inception to completion
- Data management experience, familiarity with data systems and business processes
- Financial or business analysis skills
- Familiarity with private foundation approaches, requirements and processes.
- A Rotarian/Rotaractor who is a cadre will be an added advantage.
- Communication /Problem Solving /Facilitation Skills
Allapplications should be done on or before close of business 26th May 2021 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted