VACANT POSITIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
SENIOR PRINCIPAL ASSISTANT PHYSIOTHERAPIST– EIGHTY V/NO. 76/2021
Salary Scale: Ksh.87,360 p.m – Ksh 121,430 p.m. (CSG 7/ JG ‘P’)
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- Diploma in Physiotherapy from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Orthopedic Manual Therapy or its equivalent qualification form a recognized institution;
- Certificate of Registration form the Physiotherapy Council of Kenya (PCK);
- Current Certificate of Practice from Physiotherapy Council of Kenya (PCK);
Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level entail;-
- Treating and rehabilitating patients/clients using Physiotherapy interventions i.e. electrotherapy, manipulative therapy/technology, exercise therapy among others in clinical areas and the community;
- Planning and organizing group Physiotherapy treatment/sessions for patients and clients; evaluating treatment outcomes for review, placement, referral or discharge;
- Initiating community disability assessment outreach programs;
- Liaising with other stakeholders in providing appropriate advice to patients/clients on exercise, posture and movement;
- Providing health promotion and education to patients/clients on neuromusculoskeletal disorders and health;
- Maintaining an up-to-date data base for Physiotherapy services for input in to the integrated health information system;
- Inducting students on practical training on physiotherapy services;
- Requisitioning and ensuring availability and proper utilization of Physiotherapy supplies and equipment as well as giving support and health education to patients and relatives in hospital; analyzing data and preparing reports; and
- Coaching and mentoring of staff.
How to apply
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)