VACANT POSITIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
SENIOR MEDICAL OFFICER (EPIDEMIOLOGIST)– ONE (1) POST – V/NO. 69/2021
Salary Scale: Ksh.87,360 p.m. – Ksh.121,430 p.m. (CSG 7/ JG ‘P’)
Requirement for appointment
For appoint to this grade an officer must have:
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.CH.B) degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioner and Dentists Board;
- A Masters degree in Epidemiology from a recognized institution;
- A registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioner and Dentists Board; and
- A valid Practising license from Medical Practitioner and Dentists Board.
Certificatein Senior |Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities entails undertaking “First-on-Call” duties including:
- Clerking, investigating, and managing patient;
- Conducting weekly clinic and theatre days;
- Performing emergency surgeries;
- Working with Medical specialists in wards , theaters, and clinics;
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms, court attendance and performing post postmortem;
- Undertaking medical examinations;
- Respond to intern calls training and supervising Medical Officer (Intern) and other student;
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to benefit the customer and service provider; and preparing medical reports.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)