VACANT POSITIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
REGISTERED NURSE III (ICU) ONE HUNDRED (100) POSTS V/NO. 75/2021
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.25,470– Ksh.33,950 p.m. – (CSG 12/JG ‘H’)
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient‟s outcomes;. providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated
- Managementof Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), immunization, PMTCT, ante-natal care and delivery, providing health education and counseling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
- Referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and collecting and compiling data.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)