VACANT POSITIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER I (EPIDEMIOLOGISTS – TWO (2) POSTS V/NO. 77/2021
Salary Scale: Ksh.38,270 – Ksh.51,170 p.m. – (CSG10/ JG ‘K’)
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Environmental Health or Public Health from a recognized Institution;
- Certificate in Field Epidemiology course lasting not less than three months;
- Certificate of Competence from the Association of Public Health Officers.
Duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Identifying environmental health issues at community level;
- Compiling and maintaining up to date records of services rendered;
- Assessing health needs of the community; implementing sanitation and hygiene standards in the community;
- Sensitizing communities on food and water safety measures; and
- Compiling data on disease trends.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)