VACANT POSITIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
PHARMACIST– EIGHT (8) POSTS V/NO. 74/2021
Salary Scale: Ksh.49,000 p.m. – Ksh 87,360 p.m. – (CSG 8/ JG ‘N’)
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm) degree from an institution recognized by Pharmacy and Poisons Board;
- Successfully completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution; and
- Registration Certificate of by Pharmacy and Poisons Board;
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities entails;
- Screening prescriptions for legal validity, drug contraindications, drug interactions, appropriateness of dose, frequency and duration of dosing and patience convenience;
- Preparation and dispensing of medicines according to good dispensing practices and counselling of patients on use of medicines;
- Making of extemporaneous preparations;
- Participating in ward rounds;
- Identifying medicinal gaps and challenges;
- Maintaining a daily activity log book for recording all activities undertaken;
- Recommending over the counter (OTC) medicines to patients/ clients with simple medical conditions and making necessary referrals; and
- Making entries into relevant inventory management records and registers.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)