VACANT POSITIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
MEDICAL SPECIALIST (PHYSICIAN) TWENTY FIVE (25) POSTS – V/NO.72/2021
Salary Scale: Ksh.87,360 p.m – Ksh.121,430 p.m. (CSG 7/ JG ‘P’)
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.CH.B) degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioner and Dentists Board;
- A Masters degree in Medicine /Internal Medicine from a recognized University;
- A registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- A valid practising license from Medical Practitioner and Dentists Board;
Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing all the recommendation; undertaking “First-on-Call” duties including clerking investigating, and managing patient;
- Conducting weekly clinic and theatre days;
- Managing health facilities at various tiers in communities;
- Responding to intern call; training, supervising and mentoring Medical Officers (Intern) and other student;
- Performing emergency surgeries, undertaking medical examinations and preparing medical Board Proceedings;
- Carrying out community diagnosis, care and treatment;
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to benefit the customer and service provider;
- Conducting disease surveillance; prevention and control; carrying out health education and promotion; and
- Preparing medical reports
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)