PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANT POSITIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
MEDICAL OFFICER– SEVENTY SEVEN (77) POSTS V/NO. 70/2021
Salary Scale: Ksh.49,000 p.m Ksh 87,360 p.m. – (CSG 8/ JG ‘N’)
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Degree(M.B;Ch.B. or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by Medical practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Successfully completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution; and
- Registration license from the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities entails;
- Diagnosing, caring and treating Diseases ,
- Performing medical and surgical procedures,
- Preparing and responding to emergencies and disasters,
- Participating in management of medicines, medical instruments and equipment,
- Providing health Education ,
- Maintaining Health Medical Records, health information and data,
- Counseling patients and their relatives on diagnosis and bereavement;
- Teaching and coaching medical students, nursing students and clinical officer interns and preparing requisite documents for registration.
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)