VACANT POSITIONS IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
MEDICAL LABORATORY OFFICER (EPIDEMIOLOGISTS) – FIVE (5) POSTS V/NO. 79/2021
Salary Scale: Ksh.38,270 – Ksh.51,170 p.m. – (CSG10/JG ‘K’)
Requirements for appointment:
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board;
- Certificate in Field Epidemiology course lasting not less than three months;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board (KMLTTB);
- Valid practicing license from the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and specimens;
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- Receiving, collecting, labelling and registering patients specimens;
- Preparing laboratory reagents;
- Examining specimens; writing and recording results;
- Preparing stains and reagents;
- Recruiting and preparing bleeding of blood donors for transfusion services;
How to apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: http://www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: http://www.psckjobs.go.ke
Applicants should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities.
THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)