ALLIANCE FOR INCLUSIVE AND NUTRITION FOOD PROCESSING (AINFP) INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
TechnoServe is implementing the USAID funded Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food Processing (AINFP) regional program in collaboration with Partners in Food Solutions (PFS). The program leverages the power of the private sector to create better nutritional outcomes for base-of-the-pyramid consumers and more profitable market opportunities for local farmers. This is achieved by supporting local food processing companies in Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania and Zambia through remote technical assistance and training from world leading food processing companies under PFS to increase the availability of safe, affordable and nutritious food. For more details go to http://www.ainfp.org/about-us/
The program seeks to recruit recent graduates, Masters and PhD students from in the fields of food science, marketing and finance to work with local food processing firms across Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania. The internship provides valuable professional development opportunities to receive on-the-job training in private sector setting, preparing them to become the next generation of African food technologists and business consultants. In addition to their on-the-job contributions to the client, interns will develop case studies, carry out research and support trainings with supervision by program staff. Overall the internship is aimed at expanding practical knowledge, refining career goals, and building professional networks. The location of the internships will be in multiple towns across Ethiopia, Kenya and Tanzania where the food processing companies are located.
- A first degree from a recognized university in any of the following disciplines: Food processing, Marketing, Business or Finance
- Must have graduated within the last 2 years, completed coursework awaiting graduation or currently pursuing a Masters or PhD degree
- Provide recommendation/reference letter from the university attended
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-motivated
- Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems
- A person of integrity
- Must be computer proficient
AINFP program invites applications from qualified candidates for the internship program in one or more of the following knowledge centres:
- Food Safety and Quality Standards
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Access to Finance for Food processors
- Nutrition and Fortification
- Product Development and packaging
- Supply Chain Operations
- Food Manufacturing
- Marketing and Branding
- Financial Management Systems
- Financial planning and forecasting
- Market Consumer insights research
- BOP marketing and last mile distribution
- Access to Finance for Food Processing companies
- Small holder farmer sourcing and contracting
- Product development and packaging
- Business Planning
- Marketing Strategies
- Sales and sales agent’s networks
Deadline for applications: 4 June 2021
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a PDF Word-formatted single document consisting of:
- Cover Letter specifying the Knowledge centre on the subject and stating the reason for your interest in the internship program
- Max 3 – page CV
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
This is not a salaried position and the program will only facilitate predetermined stipends. TechnoServe WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the internship.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities