COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD OF BUSIA
VACANT POSITIONS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND SANITATION
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY HEALTH OFFICER III J/G H– ONE (1) POSTV/NO:11/2021
Duties and responsibilities
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. Duties and responsibility at this level will include: collecting health related data at household level for analysis; maintaining and updating community health unit registers and keeping records; identifying common ailments and minor injuries at community level ;identifying and referring health cases to appropriate health facilities; visiting homes to determine the health situation and dialogue with household members; identifying and sensitizing communities on health interventions; monitoring growth of children under the age of five years; identifying defaulters of health interventions and referring them to the appropriate health facilities; managing community health resource centres;and convening and coordinating monthly community meetings and action days.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Community Health and Community Development ,Community Health Nursing, Community Health, Community Oral Health ,Psychology, Nutrition ,Environment Health ,Counseling, social Work, Community Development or Health Promotion a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
- Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The County Government of Busia is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Copy of Identity (ID) Card
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
- Copies of Registration Certificate from the relevant professional bodies(where applicable)
- Copies of Practicing License from the relevant Regulatory Body (where applicable)
- Computer Packages Certificate
Mandatory Additional requirements (Chapter VI documents of the constitution of Kenya 2010)
- VALID Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- VALID Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Clearance Certificate
- VALID Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Self-Declaration Form
- Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials and send to the undersigned on or before 17th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)
County Public Service Board
County Government of Busia
Job advert link;