TANATHI WATER WORKS DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES (REPLACEMENTS)
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency (TAWWDA) is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation created under section 68 of the Water Act2016 and established vide Kenya Gazette Supplement No.59, Legal Notice No.28 of 26thApril 2019. It covers four counties which include: -Kitui, Machakos, Makueni and Kajiado.
TAWWDA was established to undertake the development, maintenance and management of National public water works within its area of jurisdiction; Operate the water works and provide water services as a water service provider, until such a time as responsibility for the operation and management of the water works are handed over to a County Government, Joint Committee, authority of County Governments or water services provider within whose area of jurisdiction or supply the water works is located;
Provide reserve capacity for purposes of providing water services where pursuant to Section 103, the regulatory Board orders the transfer of water services functions from a defaulting water services provider to another licensee; Provide technical services and capacity building to such County Governments and water services providers within its area as may be requested and provide to the Cabinet Secretary technical support in the discharge of his or her functions under the Constitution of Kenya and the Water Act 2016.
The Agency is inviting applications from competent, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented candidates for replacement in the following positions:
REF. NO.: ADVERT/TAWWDA/03/SE/2021:
SENIOR ENGINEER, JOB GRADE TAWWDA 5 – 1 POST
Senior Engineer, Job Grade TAWWDA 5, reports to the Superintendent Engineer. The successful candidate will be employed in this position on a permanent and pensionable basis upon successful completion of the probationary period and satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes set and evaluated.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of the Work plan and budget;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sectional reports;
- Implementation of the performance management system in the section;
- Participate in departmental meetings;
- Participate in committee meetings as appropriate;
- Identify water and sewerage projects including those sponsored by development partners;
- Design of projects;
- Participate in preparation tenders documents;
- Participate in evaluation of tenders;
- Participate in preparation of contracts;
- Assist in Compile projects technical reports on design, implementation, and
- Implement policies and programmes on water project designs;
- Prepare technical reports and designs and estimates drawings; and
- Development of Business proposal.
Requirements for Appointment
- Have served in the grade of Engineer or in a relevant and comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have Bachelor’s Degree in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be registered by the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) as a Professional Engineer;
Be registered by Kenya Engineering Technology Board as a Professional Engineering Technologist (KETRB);
- Have Certificate in Supervisory Skills Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications skills;
- Have shown merit and ability in work performance and results; and
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates will be required amongst other qualifications, to be Kenyan citizens and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Applications should include:
- Application Letter indicating the position you are interested in
- Curriculum Vitae indicating work experience names and addresses of three referees
- Academic and professional certificates National ID or passport
Interested and eligible candidates should submit hard copy applications in a plain sealed envelope and clearly marked with the Job Ref. No. and Job Name, and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency,
K.I.D.P Building, Kalawa Road,
P.O Box Private Bag – 90200,
All applications should be submitted not later than Tuesday 18th May, 2021 at 5.00p.m.
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted using the address and contacts provided by the candidates in their application letters. The shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following reports during the interviews:
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.