TANATHI WATER WORKS DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES (REPLACEMENTS)
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency (TAWWDA) is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation created under section 68 of the Water Act2016 and established vide Kenya Gazette Supplement No.59, Legal Notice No.28 of 26thApril 2019. It covers four counties which include: -Kitui, Machakos, Makueni and Kajiado.
TAWWDA was established to undertake the development, maintenance and management of National public water works within its area of jurisdiction; Operate the water works and provide water services as a water service provider, until such a time as responsibility for the operation and management of the water works are handed over to a County Government, Joint Committee, authority of County Governments or water services provider within whose area of jurisdiction or supply the water works is located;
Provide reserve capacity for purposes of providing water services where pursuant to Section 103, the regulatory Board orders the transfer of water services functions from a defaulting water services provider to another licensee; Provide technical services and capacity building to such County Governments and water services providers within its area as may be requested and provide to the Cabinet Secretary technical support in the discharge of his or her functions under the Constitution of Kenya and the Water Act 2016.
The Agency is inviting applications from competent, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented candidates for replacement in the following positions:
REF. NO.: ADVERT/TAWWDA/01/CM-ID /2021:
CHIEF MANAGER, INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT, JOB GRADE TAWWDA 2
- The Chief Manager, Infrastructure Development, Job Grade TAWWDA 2 shall be answerable to Chief Executive Officer (CEO), for the coordination and management of
- Planning and Design, Project Management, Water Resources Development, and Water Utilities Management functions.
- Responsible for development, maintenance and management of National Public Water and Sanitation infrastructure within the Agency’s area of jurisdiction as envisaged in Water Act 2016.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable once for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes set and evaluated.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Overseeing construction and maintenance of structural works;
- Approving formulated policies on infrastructure development for implementation;
- Advising the Board and the CEO on all project technical matters.
- Approving identified water and sewerage projects;
- Ensuring implementation of policies and programmes on water project designs;
- Approving technical reports on design, implementation, and maintenance;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on matters pertaining to design of water & sewerage projects as necessary;
- Coordinate and supervise construction of all water projects;
- Ensure safe custody of all information on projects;
- Verify and authorize technical reports and designs and estimates drawings;
- Ensure that all projects are constructed as per the acceptable construction industry standards;
- Verification and approval of business proposal;
- Ensure audit of projects and programmes;
- Oversee project implementation through to commissioning;
- Update the CEO on work progress, liaison with stake holders, department requirements and other relevant information geared towards enhancing smooth operation of the department;
- Maintain operational linkages with other department of the TAWWDA;
- Manage human, financial and material resources assigned to the department;
- Approving budget proposals and ensuring budgetary control for the department;
- Approve the department’s Work plan and budget;
- Chairing departmental meetings;
- Participate in committee meetings as appropriate;
- Approving annual work plan for department;
- Approving set performance target for the team based on projects; and other tasks managed by the department; and
- Mentoring and coaching staff in the department.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade an officer must:-
- Have served as an Engineer for a minimum period of twelve (12) years, six (6) of which must be in senior position;
- Have Bachelor’s Degree in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have Master’s Degree in Water Engineering, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be registered by the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) as a Professional Engineer;
Be registered by Kenya Engineering Technology Registration Board (KETRB) as a Professional Engineering Technologist;
- Have certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for coordination of infrastructure development;
- Be proficient in computer applications skills; and
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates will be required amongst other qualifications, to be Kenyan citizens and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Applications should include:
- Application Letter indicating the position you are interested in
- Curriculum Vitae indicating work experience names and addresses of three referees
- Academic and professional certificates National ID or passport
Interested and eligible candidates should submit hard copy applications in a plain sealed envelope and clearly marked with the Job Ref. No. and Job Name, and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency,
K.I.D.P Building, Kalawa Road,
P.O Box Private Bag – 90200,
All applications should be submitted not later than Tuesday 18th May, 2021 at 5.00p.m.
Tanathi Water Works Development Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth, minorities, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted using the address and contacts provided by the candidates in their application letters. The shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following reports during the interviews:
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.