Marketing & Business Development Manager – Grade KPC 3
a) Job Specifications
- Ensure development of marketing plans and guide implementation marketing activities with OMC’s.
- Interpret the impact of marketing and business development strategies on through put performance and recommend remedial actions.
- Establish networks to gather market intelligence for competitive
- Positioning of the Company.
- Evaluate market performance drivers to inform business growth and expansion strategies.
- Ensure internal and external data analysis is well done to inform
- current and future growth opportunities for the Company
- Coordinate market research and market mapping programs,
- activities and identify areas to be pursued.
- Coordinate benchmarking and competitive intelligence.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the new business against desired targets and objectives.
- Coordinate activities of market intelligence and competitor analysis
- to position the Company in the dynamic business environment.
b) Person Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences including Commerce, Economics Business Administration, Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience five (5) of which should have been at senior management level.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing or Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK) or membership of a related professional body.
- Leadership Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
c) Key Skills and Competencies
- Expert customer relation skills
- Proficiency in data management and analytical skills
- Knowledge of business operations and financial management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills and management of teams
- Ability to empower staff
- Motivating, leadership quality and should believe in team work and collective efforts
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 18th May 2021.
Candidates interested in the positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. They must upload copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.