Chief Internal Auditor – Grade KPC 4
a) Job Specifications
- Developing a comprehensive programme of engagement coverage for assigned areas;
- Ensuring conformity to acceptable standards, plans, budgets and schedules;
- Performing audit tests on the internal controls in accounting, administrative and operational procedures;
- Ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented;
- Preparing draft audit reports detailing audit findings;
- Leading specific audit teams; and
- Preparing periodic audit reports.
b) Person Specification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) for Finance/Information Systems or Engineering for Technical, or other recognized equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum eight (8) years in relevant work three (3) of which should have been at Senior Management level.
- Be in possession of any of the following: – CPA (K), CISA, CFE, CIA or its equivalent and either.
- Member of a professional body – Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) and or Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya).
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrated competence in work performance.
c) Key Skills and Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of oil industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in auditing and corporate governance.
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication, intense concentration of mental and interpersonal skills including ability to conduct computerized audits/investigations and prepare relevant and quality reports
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining complaints,
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way
- to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in auditing through continuing professional education (CPE).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters
- Ability to solve complex and outstanding technical and administrative problems by generating alternative workable solutions
- Ability to deliver corporate articulated vision for change, create sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change effort.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff of different orientation.
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 18th May 2021.
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.