DEPARTMENT OF MEDICAL SERVICES AND PUBLIC HEALTH
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR NUTRITION AND DIETETICS – J/G CPSB 03 (V/NO: 15) ( 1 POST)
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing nutrition policies and programmes
- Coordinating provision of nutrition activities.
- Providing nutrition consultancy support.
- Providing guidelines on supplemental and therapeutic diets for existing and emerging diseases for hospital use and other institutions.
- Coordinating the development of nutrition information, education, promotion and communication materials.
- Coordinating the development and provision of specialized diets for special needs.
- Overseeing management of inpatients and outpatients in healthcare facilities.
- Coordinating preparation of hospital menus and diets.
- Monitoring and reviewing nutrition programs and projects.
- Developing and reviewing nutrition guidelines.
- Identifying areas of research, validating new findings for adoption and disseminating the findings to key stakeholders.
- Supporting relevant research institution to conduct nutrition research.
- Advising on procurement and distribution of nutrition equipment and commodities.
- Coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the superiors.
Requirements and Competencies for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Principal Nutrition and Dietetics Officer or its equivalent in Public Service or private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietetics/Clinical Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition, Home Economics or any otherrelated field from a recognized institution;
- Master of Science in any of the following disciplines: Nutrition and Dietetics, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Public Health Nutrition, Food/Nutrition and Dietetics, Human Nutrition, Applied Human Nutrition. Food Science and Nutrition, Home Economics or Public Health and Epidemiology from a recognized institution.
- Registration by the Council of the Institute of Nutritionists and Dieticians (CIND).
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability.
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary and allowances for all the positions is as prescribed by Salaries and Remuneration
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications can only be submitted online on or before 21st May, 2021 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, http://www.cpsbbomet.net or from a link in Bomet County Website http://www.bomet.go.ke, Manual applications will not be accepted. Bomet County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin.
- Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 will be required for those shortlisted and MUST submit Copies of the following clearances during the interview:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
- For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission for University Education.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Bomet County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment. Our official email is firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The Secretary /C.E.O
Public Service Board
P.O Box 605-20400
‘’The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification’’