[VACANCY NO. 02/2021]
VACANT POSITIONS IN THE OFFICE OF THE COUNTY ATTORNEY
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010), Article 235 and section 59 of the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the Nakuru County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant position in the office of the Nakuru County Public Service Board:
ASSISTANT DEPUTY CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER – ONE (1) POSITION –VACANCY No. 02/2021/08
Basic Salary Scale .Ksh. 87,360 – Ksh 121,430 p.m (Job Group ‘P’)
Allowances as per the SRC circulars
Terms of Service: Three (3) year Renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
For appointment to this position a candidate must;
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelors of Laws (LL. B) degree from a recognized University;
- Have a post graduate diploma from the Council of Legal Education (Kenya school of law);
- Masters degree in Law or any other relevant Social Science from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Have a minimum period of three (3) years relevant work experience;
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Be Member of Law Society of Kenya (LSK);
- Certified Secretary (CS) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage;
- Be Proficient in computer applications;
- Demonstrate understanding of National values and principles of
governance and Public Service as stipulated in Articles 10 and 232 of the
Constitution of Kenya, 2010; and,
- Meet the requirements prescribed in Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Advising the Board on legal matters that may arise in its operations;
- Analyzing research data and compiling legal reports and opinions;
- Implementing and reviewing Human Resource policies, guidelines,
regulations, procedures and advisories that are developed by the Board
from time to time to ensure that they are in accordance with the existing
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues;
- Preparation of Board papers and briefs;
- Advising the Board on the legislation that affect it and changes made
- Ensuring the Board’s statutory compliance with regulatory and
- Liaising with the County Attorney on all cases filed against the Board to
ensure instructions, witnesses and statements are procured on time; and
Following up with the County Attorney’s Office on cases filed against the
- Preparing preliminary legal documents/ instruments for the Board in
liaison with the County Attorney;
- Ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance,
human rights, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity.
- Performing any other duties assigned from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are required to make their applications by downloading an employment form from Nakuru County website http://www.nakuru.go.ke
A dully filled form and copies of ID, KCSE, Degree and Professional Certificates should be sent by POST or COURIER SERVICES in a sealed envelope and the vacancy number clearly indicated on the top of the envelope and addressed to; Secretary, Nakuru County Public Service Board, Public Works Building – Prisons Road, P.O. Box 2870-20100, NAKURU on or before 17th May, 2021. (No hand delivered applications will be accepted)
County Government of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, Women and Persons Living with Disabilities, Marginalised and Minority communities are encouraged to apply. Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be informed that Nakuru County Public Service Board DOES NOT USE AGENTS nor CHARGE ANY FEES for any of its services.