Indian Government Scholarships – 2021-2022 Academic Year
The Government of India through Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) has offered fifty (50) Scholarships for meritorious students from Kenya to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD Courses in India’s premier Universities/Institutes under the Africa Scholarship Scheme (ASS) for the academic year 2021-22.
a) Application Procedure
- Applicants will be required to directly apply on the A2A portal at www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in.
- Applicants have an option of applying for a course in five different Universities/Institutes in order of preference. A list of universities can be accessed on website www.ugc.ac.in.
- Students should be ready to receive admission offer from any of the five preferences.
- Students should do background checks to ensure they submit correct admission requirements.
- ICCR does not arrange for admission in Medical/Paramedical, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Anaesthesia or Fashion courses.
- Applicants are advised to go through application guidelines first that can be downloaded from http://a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/assets/site/docs/Policy%20 Guidelines.pdf.
- A 500-word Essay in English. This is to ascertain English proficiency.
- Candidates applying for B.Sc., BE/B.Tech courses should have taken Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) in their Secondary examinations, which is mandatory for Engineering courses.
c) Responsibilities by Students
- For Scholars pursuing Science courses, the expenditure on laboratory, chemicals and other related incidental charges will have to be borne by the students.
- Students should procure an annual personal medical insurance of not less than USD 6800 per annum from any of the two insurance companies indicated on A2A portal.
d) Benefits from the Scholarship
One (1) return economy class air-fares to the airport nearest to University/Institute. No ticket will be provided for students visiting their country during vacation.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in latest by 30th April, 2021.
For more information or inquiry, contact Mr. Bharat B. Suri, Attaché (Education) on email firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone +254731900046.